Who knew that adding a simple herb to your daily diet can boost the flavor of your meal, give your skin a beautiful glow, and keep you healthy! Cilantro though a delicate herb, is easy to incorporate into your diet, and comes with a number of worthy benefits.
Cilantro is great for cleansing out harmful things in the body. Studies have shown that this herb binds itself to heavy metals, and then flushes them out with it when the body eliminates. Even taken in vitamin form, According to according to Robert C. Atkins MD, “taking 400 mg of cilantro a day can remove most heavy metals from the body in just two weeks.”
There are studies that also suggest that Cilantro can be great for reducing cellulite, inflammation, and anti-aging.
Cilantro also has plenty of topical uses. It has soothing benefits that are great for acne. You can make a quick face mask by smashing cilantro with a mortar and pestle and applying it to the face for 3o min.
Try this simple recipe to incorporate cilantro into a meal.
- 1 cup raw almonds, soaked in water overnight, rinsed and drained
- Juice from 2 small lemons
- 2 tablespoons raw tahini
- 1 small clove of garlic, crushed
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup water
- Olive oil and additional cilantro to garnish
- Add almonds in food processor or blender
- Add water and remaining ingredients until smooth consistency is reached
- Adjust seasonings to taste
- Spoon into a serving bowl
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Decorate with cilantro leaves