This simple easy recipe will change the way you look at avocados. Everyone knows that its hard to make meals for 1, but this recipe is perfect for a meal at home alone.
Baked, Stuffed Avocados with Quinoa, Tomatoes and Feta
Ingredients (serves 2 people)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 medium-sized tomato, diced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Slice avocados lengthwise and remove the pit by gently tapping it with a large, sturdy kitchen knife. When the knife is slightly wedged in, very carefully twist and pull away from the fruit.
- With a smaller kitchen knife, carefully make criss-crosses in the avocado flesh, making sure not to break through the skin.
- Using a spoon, gently scoop out the avocado flesh and place in medium-sized bowl.
- Add cooked quinoa and diced tomato to the avocado pieces and gently mix together while preserving the chunks of flesh. For a creamier consistency, use more pressure when mixing to mash the avocado chunks.
- Place hollow avocado shells in baking dish, and carefully fill each with the mixture.
- Generously layer crumbled feta cheese over top and place in oven for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is sufficiently melted.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, then serve immediately.
Incoming search terms:
- yoplait fruit lip
- baked avocado recipes