How often have you been in the presence of a man who’s cologne was louder than all the noise in the room put together? I can’t be positive, but I would make a guess that he was probably wearing one of the potent AXE products. These products put the POWER in the “Nine powerful scents available” and apparently the RISK in the frisky lifestyle your guaranteed to have.
According to the cosmetics chemical safety database Skin Deep, 66 of AXE products rated in the range of moderately to highly hazardous. Most of these ratings were given because of their ingredients apparent link to cancer, developmental/reproductive toxicity, violations, restrictions and warning, allergies/immunotoxicity, neurotoxicity, endocrine disruption, bioaccumulation, organ system toxicity, and more.
Need I say more! Not only is AXE’s products obnoxious, they are not safe. With all the sexual innuendos surrounding this product line it surprised me that they don’t contain a make you “hormonal and crazy” chemical. The product without saying promises men that their sex life will sky rocket if they make use of their “hook-up friendly scents”, available in their body sprays, washes, and hair care specialties.
I’m not so sure how true this is, and after finding out that AXE is basically a disaster in a bottle, I will be staying as far away from any man that smells like it. With a product this dangerous its bound to end your sex life rather than jumpstart it. In fact, somebody should look into whether or not such products can be considered sexual harassment!
For a safer and more nose friendly scent try creating your own natural after shave. Below you will find both regular and alcohol free versions of this formula:
Basic Bay Rum Aftershave Formula
- 2-4 cups dried bay leaves
- dried rosemary (optional)
- Break the dried bay leaves in half
- Fill a quart or pint mason jar with as many bay leaves as will fit to about 3 inches from the top
- Add a few sprigs of dried rosemary, if desired.
- Add enough rum to come a good 2 inches above the leaves. Screw on the cover, and let set for 1 month; strain.
**Variation: Add a bit of grated organic orange peel, cloves, and ginger root, as desired.**
Alcohol-Free Softening Aftershave
- 2 cups witch hazel extract
- 2 ounces rose water
- 2 ounces aloe vera gel
- 1/2 ounce vegetable glycerin
- A few drops of an essential oil of your choice (such as peppermint and eucalyptus), if desired
- Combine the ingredients in a jar
- shake to blend
- Pat on the face after shaving.
Makes 2 1/2 cups.
Incoming search terms:
- men in shower
- axe vegetable wash
- blackmen in a shower
- hot black men in shower
- hot men in shower
- men shower pictures