Who knew Zucchini was such a tasty and healthy treat. Here are a few of the benefits:
Lose Weight- Zucchini is extremely low in calories, but it gives you the feeling of being full. This makes it a great healthy, guilt free snack.
Nutritious- Zucchini is an outstanding source of manganese and vitamin C, and a great source of dietary fiber.
Men’s Health- Recent research suggests that regular consumption of zucchini can help prevent benign prostatic hypertrophy in men.
Baked Parmesan Zucchini
- 4 zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Coat a cooling rack with nonstick spray and place on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine Parmesan, thyme, oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place zucchini onto prepared baking sheet
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Parmesan mixture
- Place into oven and bake until tender, about 15 minutes
- Then broil for 2-3 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired