No longer do you have to rely on the plain and simple egg whites and oatmeal morning routine. There are many other tasty meals you can add into your breakfast mix, and still successfully lose weight. Try any of these 4 yummy morning starters:
Smoked Salmon Bagel/Toast - 360 calories
1 slice whole-wheat bread/bagel, toasted
1 1/2 Tbsp cream cheese
2 oz smoked salmon
1 thick slice red onion
1 Tbsp chives
- Spread cream cheese on toast
- Top with salmon, onion, and chives.
Berry English Muffin - 330 calories
1 Tbsp natural creamy peanut butter
1 Whole-grain English muffin
1 Tbsp dried chia seeds
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup sliced strawberries
- Spread peanut butter on sliced muffin
- Top with seeds, cinnamon, and berries.
Yogurt and Grapefruit Parfait - 252 calories
8 oz Fage yogurt
1 Tbsp wheat germ
1/2 tsp honey
1 tsp ground flaxseed
1 medium grapefruit
- Mix together wheat germ and ground flax seed, and use as base
- Alternate layers of grapefruit and yogurt
- Top with honey and wheat germ.
Eggs & Greens – 230 Calories
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup sliced mushrooms
2 cups spinach
1 Tbsp Sriracha sauce
- Add half the olive oil to a heated skillet
- Sauté mushrooms and spinach
- Move to a plate
- Add remaining olive oil to the skillet
- Crack egg into the pan, and cook sunny-side up.
- Add egg to vegetables. Drizzle with Sriracha sauce.