Curling custard, curling pudding and curling cream are the “it” products of the natural world. These creamy emulsions are often used by Naturals for wash-n-go styles as well as twist-outs, braid-outs, flat twists, etc. Some store bought curling custards can cost you up to $40-$45 for one jar. If you are heavy handy on the amount of product you like to use in one sitting, this could become a very costly habit. Try this simple and inexpensive recipe to get those perfect bouncy and defined curls you have always wanted!
* 1 1/4 cups Eco Styler Gel (or your fave gel)
* 3 ounces Natural Unrefined Shea Butter
* I Tbsp Castor Oil
* 1 1/2 tsp Honey
1. Slowly heat the shea butter in the microwave on 60% power in 15 second increments until the shea butter is just soft enough to stir until smooth. DO NOT MELT! All lumps should smooth out with stirring. If you have lumps remaining, heat another 10 seconds on 60% power and see if the lumps will stir out. If you let your shea butter melt, you risk it crystallizing later.
2. Add the gel, castor oil and honey to the shea butter and whisk until all ingredients are evenly blended.
3. For best results, apply the custard to wet or damp hair and use a blow dryer on low/warm. Use a diffuser to set your natural curls with the least amount of shrinkage. The white looking product on your hair will disappear when you blow dry.
Incoming search terms:
- diy curl defining cream
- diy curl cream
- homemade curl defining cream
- diy curling cream
- homemade curl definer
- diy curling custard
- curl cream diy
- homemade curl defining cream recipe
- homemade curl custard
- diy curl definer