If you are like most people, your hands take a pretty bad beating. Here is a simple yet skin nourishing recipe that you can create to counter the constant abuse you put your hands through. You may not realize it, but the daily wear on your hands will begin to make them look, old, cracked, wrinkly, and just not flattering. Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup shea butter
- 1/8 cup sweet almond oil
- 1 tablespoon beeswax
- 10 drops myrrh essential oil
- 10 drops cedarwood essential oil
- Melt the shea butter, beeswax, and sweet almond oil together in a double boiler. (I just use a Pyrex measuring cup and place it in a pot of simmering water).
- Stir the mixture as it melts.
- Once everything is melted, remove it from the heat and allow it to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in the essential oils, and pour the liquid hand butter into a small glass container. Allow it to harden completely (this usually takes several hours).
- Apply the hand butter to your dry hands as often as needed–especially after a long day working outside or playing in the dirt.
- Shea Butter - this natural ingredient provides an enormous amount of moisture to the mix. It has numerous nourishing benefits to your skin. If you were to not have enough shea butter, you can substitute a portion of it for cocoa butter or coconut oil.
- Sweet Almond Oil - Not only is it soothing to the skin it has a nice smell. As an alternative you can use jojoba or olive oil.
- Beeswax – This ingredient has a dual role. Not only does it help the mixture stay firm, it also coats and protects the skin. For a softer mixture reduce the amount of beeswax you use.
- Myrrh and Cedarwood Oil - These essential oils are great for soothing and nourishing the skin. They also give the cream a twist on the scent. Other great options are lavender, geranium, frankincense, and sandalwood.
Incoming search terms:
- diy hand cream
- diy healing hand cream
- Neutrigen soap
- Homemade Body Creams and Lotions
- heavy moisturizer for dry skin for kids
- diy neutrogena hand repair
- diy neutrogena hand cream
- diy neutrigen hand lotion
- diy neutregena hand cream