Want to try a hair mask that will make your hair feel like it has been given a boost AND smells delightful? Try this coconut oil and lavender mask, you are sure to be pleased with the results!
- Lavender oil is a natural anti-inflammatory agent. It is known to help treat dandruff and psoriasis of the scalp. It is also said to boost blood circulation in the scalp, which in the long term can contribute to hair growth.
- Coconut oil is a great moisturizer and sealer. It keeps the hair from losing its natural oils, and makes the hair smooth.
- Small Bowl
- 2 Tablespoons of Unrefined, Virgin Coconut Oil
- Fresh or Dried Lavender Springs (or 2 drops essential oil)
- Measuring Spoons
- Take 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and place it in a bowl (for medium length hair)
- If you have longer or shorter hair you may need to increase or decrease the amount of coconut oil you use
- Begin removing the lavender leaves from the stem
- Place the lavender in the bowl with the oil
- Place your bowl in a sauce pan that is filled with water
- Turn on medium heat and allow the oil in the boil to melt down to a liquid
- Allow this to boil for 45min. to an hour
- Remove from the heat
- Allow to sit for 10-15 min.
- If desired strain the lavender from the mixture
- Apply as a pre-shampoo treatment to dry hair, focusing on your ends, edges, and roots
- Shampoo and condition as you normally would