Okay, I think it’s safe to say that winter is officially here! Though, I love thick snuggly cashmere sweaters and cute ear muffs, what I am not looking forward to is the dull, flaky, dry skin that comes with it. It’s time to create a yummy potion to rescue your skin that is soon to have the winter blues.
The natural combination of lemon and sugar, is not only yummy to your tastebuds, it also supports hydration of the skin, and gives you that summer dewy glow that you love.
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Tbs Sugar
- 1 Tbs Honey
- 1 Tbs Olive oil
- Slice lemon and squeeze to halves into a bowl (remove seeds)
- Add sugar and honey
- Stir well to form a medium-thick consistency
- Massage a tablespoon of olive oil into your skin to protect from the sugar exfoliant
- Apply the complete mixture to your face in circular motions, be gentle no need to be rough (steer clear of your eyes)
- Let sit for about 5 minutes
- Rinse skin with cool water, pat dry, and apply a thick moisturizer for an extra glow
- If you have left overs feel free to use it on your hands and feet for a quick buff and glow!
Rest up! This mask is best done before bed. The lemon will make your skin very sensitive to light. The olive oil will replenish the skin with moisture and act as an anti-inflammatory agent for the skin. The honey is a natural humectant and while you rest will draw moisture into your freshly cleansed skin.
Incoming search terms:
- black girl cucumber on face
- garnier fructis disorder paste 4 diy