Makeup brushes are our tools to facial beauty, but if not kept clean can be our skins demise. Here is a simple recipe to keeping your brushes bacteria and dirt free!
- Basic dish soap (disinfects and cleans)
- Extra virgin olive oil (reconditions bristles)
- 1 Plate
- Pour the dish soap onto the plate (enough to cover half the plate)
- Add extra virgin olive oil. The ratio should be approximately 2 parts dish soap to 1 1/2 parts EVOO
- Now it’s time to begin cleaning.
- Take your 1st brush and stir it up in the mixture in a circular motions (makeup will start to break up on plate)
- Then wipe the brush back and forth on your hand to release the makeup from the brush. This removes all the pigments and kills the bacteria.
- When you’re done, place the brush on a paper towel.
- Repeat steps 3-5 with the remainder of your brushes.
- Once you’ve cleaned all your brushes, you’ll need to rinse them off under warm water in the sink. Swirl the brush under the water into the palm of your hand to thoroughly clean it off. (NOTE: do not use hot water, the high temperature will damage your brush)
- Continue to do so until the water is clear when you squeeze the brush.
- Once they are all rinsed clean, gently wipe them dry with a paper towel and blot out the excess water. (Regular paper towels work best because they will not leave lint on the brushes)
- You can leave laying down to dry or even better you can hang upside down to dry. Never place them right side up to dry. The water will ruin the glue that is keeping the bristles adhered.
Incoming search terms:
- makeup brush cleaner
- makeup brushes cleaner
- revlon makeup brushes
- brush cleaner
- diy makeup brush cleaner
- face makeup brush
- makup brush
- revlon makeup brush set
- revlon makeup brushes set