Face steaming is safe, easy and effective! Its great when you need to do some deep skin cleansing as it opens up the pores while stimulating blood circulation.
Benefits of facial steaming
- Releases impurities and toxins from the skin
- Helps loosen up white and blackheads
- Reduces acne
- Opens up sinuses
- Glowing skin
- ½ cup of favorite fresh herbs like mint, basil, chamomile, rosemary, sage, lavender, peppermint, thyme, etc (I particularly like tea tree oil for its healing and antibacterial properties)
- Tie your hair back with headband or hair tie and wash your face with a mild cleanser.
- Take large pot and boil some water in it.
- Lower the flame and add in fresh herbs or essential oil
- Let the herbs/oil steep in boiled water for 2 minutes.
- Remove the water from the flame and carefully set aside on the table
- Lean over the water and drape a towel so that it covers your head and the pot
- For 5 to 7 minutes deeply breathe and relax until steam dissipates
- Rinse your face with cold water to close the pores.
- Moisturize face immediately afterwards
- Be sure to not get face too close to the hot water as it can burn and damage the skin
- Steaming for longer than 5-7 min. can be counterproductive as it will begin to dry out the skin
- Use few drops of a natural moisturizer like coconut oil or olive oil in water as they act as a light exfoliate and make your steaming work well without drying your face
- Try applying a face mask immediately after steaming for added skin detox benefits
Incoming search terms:
- facial steam
- face steam bath
- face steaming
- steam face