Oatmeal is a great morning meal option, but can sometimes take too much time (if you are rushed) to make. This recipe will assist you in making 1 big batch of oatmeal on the stove that you can freeze and easily prepare of a fiber full, 150 calorie breakfast each day during the week. All you need is some time on a Sunday and a freezer.
8 cups water
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 cups steel-cut oats
7 tablespoons pure maple syrup
2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Bring water and salt to a boil. Pour in steel cut oats
- Stir, and reduce heat to simmer
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in the maple syrup and cinnamon
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Lightly grease 21 sections of two 12-cup muffin tins
- Pour in the oatmeal.
- Freeze flat for five hours
- Remove pan from the freezer and allow to thaw for a few minutes
- Using a butterknife, gently pop the oatmeal “muffins” out of the pan, seal in a freezer bag, and keep frozen.
- When you’re ready to eat, place two to three in a bowl and microwave for 2-3 minutes. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Incoming search terms:
- frozen oatmeal