Herbal supplements, we’ve all heard of them, as well as all of the buzz around their ability to effect our health without the use of drugs. They have been said to be able to do many great things from boosting your metabolism, to swaying your depression.
New studies have begun to show that herbal supplements, may all be a dupe. New York State Attorney General has even mandated several large retailers offering herbal supplements remove many brands from their shelves, due to tests showing how phony they actually were.
Tests were showing that only about 21% of the supplements contained any herbal value the remaining 79% didn’t contain anything! To make it even worse, 35% of the ones that did show some supplemental value mostly just contained rice, wheat, beans, and pine; all of which aren’t even listed on most labels, and could be extremely hazardous to those with allergies.
It appears that many of the manufacturers are using false advertising tactics to push their products. This is not only illegal, but extremely unethical. Though this was a small test done, meaning every brand out there wasn’t apart of this test, this was an eye opener. Do more research before you just hop on a band wagon, it may save you some money, and even your longterm health.