Love to wear high heels? I know I do, especially my seductive 6 inch Louboutin heels! And they make my legs look great, but make my feet feel like I dropped 100 old school dictionary on them by the end of a long night. Here are a few stretches you can do to ease your sore feet after a long night of prancing around in your stilettos.
Your shins and the top of your toes will feel great relief with this move
- Using a chair or bench sit. Place your right ankle on your left knee (bending your right leg).
- Grab the toes of your right foot and pull back, putting your foot in a pointed position. Push your right foot forward in order to make the stretch more intense.
- Hold for 10 to 15 seconds, and then switch sides.
This move loosens up your calves and provides relief to the sole of your feet.
- Sit on the floor and stretch both of your legs out in front of you
- Bend your left leg and keep your right leg stretched out on the floor
- Using a hand towel with each end in one of your hands place the ball of your right foot in the center of the towel
- Pull back on the towel towards your chest while keeping the right leg straightened
- To intensify the stretch begin to bend the right knee slightly
- Hold for 10-15
This move targets ankles and opens up the hips
- Go down into a lunge position with your right knee forward
- Lower your left knee completely to the floor
- Rest hands on the ground directly in line with your shoulders
- Begin to lower your right leg and knee to the right
- Keep your arms straight and your hands should be resting now on the inner side of your right foot
- Press your chest forward to intensify the stretch
- Hold for 10-15 sec and then switch
Your posture can shift from having your calves in a constant flexed position while in heels. This move will help to loosen your calves and prevent lower back pain you may experience from your disturbed posture.
- Stand in front of a wall and place your hands out onto it directly in front of your shoulders
- Walk your hands down the wall as you lean back
- Lift your toes and shift your weight into the heels
- Continue to walk your hands down the wall as far down as you can go
- You will feel the stretch get more intense the further down you go
- Hold for 10-15 seconds and then repeat
- Quad and Toe Stretch