Hand sanitizer can be great, but the smell and the dry skin that it gives you is a bummer. What if you could make a non-toxic, non-drying, smell good sanitizer that still has its anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral properties. Take a look a this great homemade hand sanitizer recipe below!
What You Will Need:
- 5-10 drops lavender essential oil
- 30 drops tea tree essential oil (at least a 0.5% concentration)
- 1 Tablespoon witch hazel extract or high-proof vodka
- 8 ounces 100% pure aloe vera gel
- ¼ teaspoon of Vitamin E oil (doubles as a natural preservative and skin softener)
- Add essential oils and Vitamin E to a small glass bowl or container then mix
- Add witch hazel to the oils and mix some more
- Add the aloe vera gel to the mixture making sure to mix extra well
- Put your newly created mixture into a squeezable topped container
- Make sure to shake gently before each use. With the natural preservative the sanitizer should last a few months.
- The use of lavender balances out the strong scent of the tea tree oil. Alternatives for the Lavender are rosemary, sage, sandalwood, or peppermint. Each of these essential oils have there own unique scent, yet still offer the antibacterial component of the lavender.
- Essential oils are heavily concentrated plant extracts. If you aren’t familiar with them, its best to do a patch test for possible allergic reactions. (mix a drop with 1 tbsp of olive oil and rub on your elbow.)
Incoming search terms:
- DIY Hand Sanitizer non drying
- diy Hand Sanitizer
- how to make sanitizer that smells good
- can you lighten hair with hand sanitizer
- how to make good smelling hand sanitizer
- how to make hand sanitizer that smells good
- is hydra glass lipicious a non-toxic lipstick
- natural preservatives for diy sanitizer
- homemade hand sanitizer shea butter