It’s that time of year and pumpkins are in season! These bright orange, bodacious fruits are good for more than just halloween fun and fall decorations! You may be happy to know that your in for some great beauty DIY along with that jack-o-latern competition you’ve conducted. Pumpkins are a great source of rich in alpha-hydroxy acids, a great exfoliator, anti-oxidants, beta-carotene, vitamins A and C, anti-inflammatory benefits, and natural UV protectors. I’d say this is probably one of the most ideal skin ingredients. So next time you get to carving out that scary cat face in that pumpkin, save the insides (including the seeds they make a yummy healthy roasted snack) steam or bake it until mashable, and then get ready to make some scrumptious beauty treats. As an alternative, if you don’t happen to be pumpkin carving a pumpkin anytime soon, no worries, a can of pumpkin puree will suffice. Take a look at these 3 DIY Pumpkin Beauty Treats!
Pumpkin Pie Face Scrub
- 5 tablespoons of cooked and mashed pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons of plain, unsweetened yogurt
- 1.5 tablespoons of ground oat
- Mix the pumpkin, yogurt, and oats together.
- Apply to your face
- Allow to sit on the skin for 5-1o minutes.
- Lightly rub it your face in circular motions. (stay away from your eyes)
- Rinse with cool water
The yogurt is full of lactic acid and the oats will be a great natural exfoliant. The combo of both the pumpkin and yogurt will soften the skin and loosen the dead skin cells
Pumpkin Body Mask
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup of cold-pressed coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Mix pumpkin, coconut oil, and cinnamon together.
- Apply a generous amount to the skin while in the shower
- Massage all over the body
- Allow it to sink in for about 10-15 min.
- Rinse with warm water
The coconut oil is great for both its moisturizing and anti-bacterial properties, and the cinnamon is full of antioxidants. Not to mention it smells and tastes yummy too!
Pumpkin Honey Facial Mask
- 5 tablespoons of pumpkin puree
- 1 whipped egg white
- 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Mix the pumpkin, egg white, yogurt, and honey
- Apply all over the face (avoid eyes)
- Let sit on your face for 10 minutes
- Rinse with cool water
The egg whites are great for tighten skin and reducing the size of pores. Yogurt again is a natural exfoliant that combined with the pumpkin and anti-bacterial producing honey will encourage cell turnover and clear up acne.
Incoming search terms:
- kiss the choas com
- Cocoa butter-what is cold pressed butter? Where can I buy it?-PE/RSA
- how to make a body lotion at home