We’ve all been there, and have been too tired to take off our makeup, but the extra few minutes, and small bit of effort to clean off your face may be worth it. Find out why below:
1. Eyeshadow can clog the small oil glands and hair follicles on your eyelids. Not only can this be extremely painful, but it can lead to non-appealing infections such as a stye.
2. Your eyes are not the only places that can get bacterial infections. Makeup mixed with oils from your skin can cause blackheads and clogged pores. This can lead to acne and bacterial overload!
3. Did you know that your eyelashes can get dry and brittle from mascara? Sleeping in your mascara will cause it to dry out, and ultimately dry out your lashes too. Having thick, and healthy lashes are a necessity for them to be beautiful. Take heed!
4. Sleeping in mascara can cause it to get into your eyes at night. This can be very irritating and unhealthy for your eyes.
5. An overnight stay of makeup on your face, can lead to a harder facial cleansing session in the AM. The skin on the face is very sensitive to over cleansing and rubbing. This can lead to damage, and wrinkles. It’s best to clean of the makeup, before it gets too deep into your pores.