Sweet potatoes are a delicious natural way to give your skin that much needed winter boost. They are packed with the anti-oxidant Beta-Carotene which converts to Vitamin A in your body helping keep your skin smooth and soft. Also, the large amount of Anthocyanin found in sweet potatoes has anti-inflammatory benefits that help with acne.
With one cup of cooked sweet potato in the skin providing only 180 calories with virtually no fat, no cholesterol and very little sodium, sweet potatoes and their skin serve as a good source of fiber and provide many nutrients and health benefits.
Other great health benefits of the “yam” are:
- One medium sweet potato contains 4g of dietary fiber, which promotes a healthy digestive system and can help lower cholesterol levels, therefore decreasing the risk of heart disease.
- One whole medium sweet potato contains 23g of complex carbohydrates, providing energy to your body in the form.
- Two-thirds of a cup of sweet potatoes provides 100 percent of the recommended daily intake of Vitamin E without any added fat, which offers antioxidants and supports immune system and cell health.
Now most people that I know, when eating sweet potatoes, they indulge and pair them with marshmallows, butter, and tons of sugar. These “extras” are not going to benefit your healthy skin goals. A great alternative is to roast the potatoes for about 40-60 min. and drizzle them with a little olive oil and sprinkle a light amount of brown sugar and cinnamon.
This makes not only a delicious side dish, but its a great way to make your skin glow naturally.
Incoming search terms:
- the secret beauty potion for delicious skin
- black women sweet potato on face
- zoe saldan eats yams