Try either of these yummy healthy recipes when you don’t have much time, but need to prepare a good meal for you, your friends, and/or your family:
Salmon & Asparagus
- 4 (6 oz) skinless salmon fillets
- 1 lb asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- Fresh dill sprigs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut four sheets of aluminum foil about 14-inch long
- Divide asparagus into 4 equal portions
- Layer in center of each length of foil
- In a small bowl stir together oil with garlic.
- Drizzle 1 tsp of the oil over the asparagus then sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Rinse salmon and allow excess water to run off
- Season each fillet with salt and pepper
- Layer fillets over asparagus
- Drizzle top of each salmon fillet with 1 tsp of the olive oil mixture and season top with salt and pepper to taste
- Top each with about 2 sprigs dill and 2 lemon slices
- Wrap sides of foil inward over salmon then fold in top and bottom of foil to enclose
- Place foil pouches in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake about 25 – 30 minutes
- Serve Warm
Salmon BLT Salad
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2-3 strips thick cut bacon, cooked to crispy and chopped
- ½ a ripe avocado, cut into pieces
- 2 (4-6 ounce) salmon filets with skin
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Creamy Avocado Green Goddess Dressing
- ½ a ripe avocado
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons chives
- Preheat a grill to medium
- Rub the salmon filets with olive oil and sprinkle them with salt
- In blender add the avocado, red wine vinegar, olive oil, garlic and chives
- Puree until smooth and season with salt.
- Grill salmon flesh side down.
- Cook for 3 minutes and then flip and cook for 1-2 more until just cooked through
- Transfer to a small plate and set aside.
- In large bowl add the arugula, tomatoes, bacon and avocados.
- Top with the grilled salmon and serve with the Creamy Avocado Green Goddess Dressing
- Sprinkle with chives.