Being natural has its perks, but it has its downsides as well. I for one don’t particularly enjoy the long, drawn out, agonizing detangling sessions on wash day, and there is no company that has yet to come out with a miracle detangler. Whether you’re taking down a style or washing to prepare for a new style, detangling coarse kinky hair is a process. Detangling should not be taken lightly as it can lead to knots and irreversible damage. When you’re aim is to grow your hair to be long and luscious, it is key to master this important process.
Now what if I told you I have found the trick that will cut your detangling time in half, and for little to no cost? Well I have, and you probably already have this amazing treatment in your kitchen. The secret is vinegar! Take a spray bottle and mix half and half vinegar and water. Spray down your hair, focusing on the roots. Let the treatment sit on your tresses for 5-10 min. before you begin the manipulation of your hair. Here are some additional detangling tips that can help ease this process:
1. Section your hair into at least 4 sections, and more if you have thick or long hair. These sections are more manageable and ensure that you are covering all parts of your head. Often times as your hair gets longer you think you have touched all portions of your hair but haven’t, and wont find out until the end when you have one section that is still tangled and dirty.
2. 2 strand twist or braid these sections prior to manipulation of the hair. This will prevent any section from getting entangled in another. This will also ensure that once a section is detangled it won’t re-tangle on itself.
3. Use the proper detangling tools for your hair. Every hair texture is different. Some hair likes combs, and others likes brushes. Find what works for you, and use it. Don’t let a hair tool rip and break your hair because you believe it is what you are supposed to use. What works for some doesn’t always work for all!
4. Never comb through dry hair. Douse your hair with a cheap conditioner and detangle under running lukewarm water.
Incoming search terms:
- vinegar detangler
- how to use vinegar as a detanglere
- detangler tangle tamer
- vinagear detangler
- vinegar has a detangler
- vinegar as a detangler
- vinegar uses detangling
- vinegar and water to detangle
- vinegar as detangler doesn\t work
- vinegar detangler spray