The winter months wreck havoc on your tresses. So I have come up with a great MUST HAVE list to help alleviate some of the added stress the winter weather can add to your healthy hair journey. The winter months are all about protecting and encouraging more MOISTURE. The follow 5 items will do one or the other, or even both!
1. Hot Oil Treatments
Whether you grab a single-use packet at your local beauty supply store, or just use some oil you have laying around the house. A good hot oil treatment will help heal you hair from the winter abuse. Apply warmed oil (caution not to hot it will burn you) directly to damp hair, and put on a plastic cap and/or a hot towel. The best oils to use are:
- Coconut Oil: It stimulates hair growth, softens the hair and conditions the scalp. It also can also help eliminate dandruff!
- Olive Oil: Olive oil is high in the antioxidants Vitamins A and E providing anti-aging properties and it has disinfectant properties, is moisturizing, soothing and healing.
- Castor Oil: Adds strength to your hair, so those of you with thin hair that breaks easily, think about using castor oil in your hot oil hair pack.
- Almond Oil: It helps condition, nourish, and soften hair while stimulating hair growth!
- Jojoba Oil: It leaves your hair soft and light, without weighing it down.